relieve back pain at the dr. reuter clinic
the back is a complex network of muscles, ligaments, bones, and tendons. it runs from the top of our buttocks to the base of our neck. the back is responsible for keeping our body upright and balanced.
however, back pain is a common issue many of us experience at least once during our lives.
if you happen to be suffering from chronic or acute back pain, please book an appointment at the dr. reuter clinic with orthopedic specialist dr. helge schmitz.
when to see an orthopedic expert: common back problems
back pain can arise due to a variety of reasons including overexertion, injury, poor posture, and structural issues. while most forms of back pain can be remedied through rest, self-care, and light stretching, there are cases where it can be severe.
consult an expert if your back pain:
- lasts more than a week
- is severe and does not improve with rest
- causes weakness or tingling in one or both legs
we strongly encourage you to book an appointment with our orthopedic expert, dr. helge schmitz if you are experiencing the following symptoms:
- lower back pain: any pain that is concentrated in your lower back up to your buttocks
- upper back pain: less common than lower back or neck pain but can occur in mild to moderate levels below the cervical spine and above the lower back
- neck pain: pain that occurs from the skull to the upper torso
- pain: pain can occur spontaneously or due to an injury.
- limited range of motion: movement in your leg or hip becomes restricted, or you feel severe, sharp pain when accessing this joint.
- motoric deficiency: disorders that cause lack of intended movement or cause involuntary spasms, tremors, and jerks
our orthopedic treatments for back pain
while some back pain is treatable with a number of home remedies, other conditions require immediate medical attention. at dr. reuter clinic, we believe in holistic health solutions and preventative medicine that keeps you in shape for years to come.
back injections solve two medical problems:
- inflammation or nerve damage: often referred to as radiculopathy, these symptoms can cause sharp pains in the back as well as radiating pain.
- spinal stenosis: this pertains to a narrowing of the spine often due to a herniated disk. stenosis then compresses the nerves inside, causing pain.
to relieve pain, you can receive:
- an epidural: a steroidal medication for pain relief
- a nerve block injection: a numbing medicine combined with steroids that often provide near-complete pain relief
with a specialty in extracorporeal sound wave treatment (eswt), dr. schmitz can provide significant pain relief and improvement to the damaged area. unlike invasive surgery, our clinic’s shockwave therapy requires no anesthetics and poses few to no complications. it also provides additional benefits like:
- new blood vessels: produce new blood vessels that help repair damaged tissue
- reversed chronic inflammation: reduce swelling and pain
- increased collagen production: produce more collagen to repair damaged myoskeletal and ligamentous structures
manual medicine & chirotherapy
manual therapy is among the most effective treatments for back pain. through spinal manipulation, dr. schmitz can restore range of motion in the back. he also performs chiropractic mobilization, which involves the movement and stretching of muscles and joints.
have you already consulted with an orthopedic professional but want to get a second opinion? we can strengthen your diagnosis through a number of comprehensive tests.
who can get treatment for back pain?
if you are older, lack exercise, or are overweight, you might be at greater risk of experiencing back problems. however, they can still occur in patients of any age. as such, we provide specific solutions to your symptoms and treat both acute and chronic pain.
consult with dr. helge schmitz at the dr. reuter clinic today!
if you’re experiencing pain in your back or a loss of function, get help right away. contact our team of experts at the dr. reuter clinic and get professional medical help today.
about our expert
our team of orthopedic experts is led by dr. helge schmitz.
dr. schmitz specializes in arthroscopic surgery and orthopedic medicine. he is also the current head of shoulder surgery at the fontana clinic in freiburg, germany.
he is also a lecturer to aspiring physicians and physiotherapists and he holds memberships in world-renowned institutions, including the dvse, aga, mwe, and bvou.
he graduated medical school at the julius-maximilians university in wuerzburg, germany and he has experience instructing in english, french, and german.
what our patients are saying
i have visited dr. schmitz three times. each time i waited less than a week for an appointment. the waiting times in the practice were also short every time. the reason for my last visit was a numbness in my right arm and leg, which was previously unsuccessfully treated by various other orthopedic surgeons. dr. schmitz located the problem and "straightened" me with a few movements!! symptom-free since july !! i can only recommend dr. schmitz!